Blizzard Beach is a themed water recreation attraction located at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida which is spread across 66 acres. This water park opened its doors on April 1, 1995. It is actually inspired by the mythology of a snow ski resort that turned into a water park due to an unsuitable climate. Summit Plummet is the signature attraction of the park standing at 120 feet tall. The slopes are color coded to guide the tourists. Green slopes are for the Summit Plummet, Team boat springs, and Slush Gusher. The red slope is for Runoff Rapids and the purple slopes are for the Downhill Double Dipper, Snow Stormers, and Toboggan Racers.
Quick Facts: –
- The water park debuted an original character called Ice Gator as part of its story line.
- Mount Gushmore is the snow-capped 90 feet high peak. It is the visual centrepiece of the park.
- Tike’s Peak is an area for young children. It features a scaled down version of Mt. Gushmore.
- Blizzard Beach gets closed every year for maintenance. During that time, a sister water-themed park, Typhoon Lagoon is open for visitors.
- Teamboat Springs is the world’s longest family raft ride. In this, 6 people can ride at once.
- This water park also has private patios that can be rented by guests.
- There is a 3,000 foot ground lay river ride that can be completed in 20-30 minutes by inner tubes.
- Mini donuts are one of the most unusual snacks in the park. They are fresh prepared and served with white chocolate or raspberry dipping sauce.
- The chair lift that takes tourists from the beach to the top of Mount Gushmore is one of the ski resort elements that still remain.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Blizzard Beach ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2018. Web. 15 Aug 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/blizzard-beach-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun Facts for Kids about Blizzard Beach. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/blizzard-beach-facts/
Sponsored Links :