Carly Fiorina is the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard company. She was the first woman to head a Fortune 500 company. She was born as Cara Carleton Sneed on September 6, 1954, in Austin, Texas. She started her career as a secretary in a small real-estate business.
Carly also dropped out of a law school and became an AT&T management trainee. Later, she became the first female officer in the Network Systems Division. She is a graduate of Stanford University with a degree in medieval history and philosophy. She bounced from one job to another and for a brief period also taught English in Italy.
Quick Facts: –
- Carly Fiorina was the first person to head HP who came from outside of the company.
- She was named the ‘Most Powerful Woman in Business’ by Fortune in 1998.
- In 1985, she married AT&T executive Frank Fiorina.
- On February 8, 2005, Carly resigned from the position of CEO of Hewlett-Packard.
- Later, she became a business commentator on the Fox Business Network and also served as economic adviser to John McCain during his Presidential campaign.
- She also wrote a best-selling memoir named ‘Tough Choice’ in 2007. In this book, she discussed her early life.
- In February 2009, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and has made a full recovery now.
- In 2010, Carly Fiorina was California’s Republican nominee for Senate.
- On May 4, 2015, she announced her candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.
- On February 10, 2016, she suspended her candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about Carly Fiorina ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2020. Web. 28 Feb 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/carly-fiorina/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Facts for Kids about Carly Fiorina. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/carly-fiorina/
Sponsored Links :