Cool Robots Video for Kids
The word robot has been derived from Czech word ‘robota’ that means drudgery. A robot can be defined as a device that works automatically or can be controlled by using a remote. These devices can be programmed to perform some simple tasks. Elektro was the first ever humanoid robot that was debuted in 1939. It was built by an American company Westinghouse. It was 7 feet tall and could speak 700 words.
Parts of robot: –
If you are planning to make a robot by yourself then you will require following materials: –
- Controller: – It is the main part of a robot. It works as the brain of your machine. It gives commands for movements in the part of robot.
- Sensors: – Sensors are used to detect the surroundings of on the basis of different factors. It determines the size, shape of objects in its surroundings and the space between them.
- Motors: – They are used to power the robot.
- Wheels: – Wheels are required in the movement of the robot.
Quick Facts: –
- In 1981, the first ever case of robot homicide has occurred where a robotic arm crushed a factory worker.
- Now, more than a million industrial robots are in use and more than 50% of them are in Japan. The country is known as the epicentre of technology.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Cool Robots ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 10 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/cool-robots-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Cool Robots. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/cool-robots-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :