CS Lewis was a popular Irish writer. He is best known for his fantasy series ‘Chronicles of Narnia’. His complete name is Clive Staples Lewis. He was born in Belfast, Ireland on November 29, 1989. His parents were Flora August Hamilton Lewis and Albert J. Lewis.
His mother died in 1908 and then he was sent to boarding school. Clive also served the British army during the World War I. CS Lewis completed his graduation from Oxford University and was awarded a fellowship teaching position at Magdalen College in 1925.
Fun Facts: –
- During his teaching period, he also joined ‘The Inklings’ a group of informal writers and intellectuals.
- In 1919, his writing career started with his first book titled ‘Spirits in Bondage’. He used a pseudonym Clive Hamilton to publish this book.
- His second book named ‘Hymer’ got published in 1926 under the pen name Clive Hamilton.
- The series ‘Chronicles of Narnia’ has 7 books which are ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’, ‘Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia’, ‘The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’, ‘The Silver Chair, ‘The Horse and His Boy’, ‘The Magician’s Nephew’, ‘The Last Battle’.
- The first book of this series was published in the year 1950.
- In 1954, he started teaching as a literature professor at Cambridge University.
- He got married to an American English teacher Joy Gresham in 1956.
- Joy died of cancer in 1960. Lewis wrote a book ‘a Grief Observed’ about this which got published under the pseudonym, NW Clark.
- He also wrote four different collections of poetry under the pen name of Clive Hamilton.
- On November 22, 1963, he passed away because of kidney failure. President John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley also died on the same day.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about CS Lewis for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2020. Web. 04 Jun 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/cs-lewis/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about CS Lewis for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/cs-lewis/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :