Dog Facts Video for Kids
Enjoy seeing the best special and really simple to comprehend Dog Facts enjoyable facts for kids video:
Facts about Dogs
There are approximately 400 million dogs all over the world. They are friendly, smart and loyal as pets. They have an average lifespan of 12 years varying from one breed to another. Like humans have unique fingerprints, dogs have unique nose prints. A service dog poops and pees on commands and known exactly when it is on and off duty. Carolina Dog or American Dingo is also thought to be the oldest canine species in North America. Obesity is the number one health issue in dogs. They have twice as many ear muscles as people.
Quick Facts: –
- The shoulder blades of a dog are unattached to the rest of the skeleton. It gives them greater flexibility for running.
- The Labrador is the most popular breed. They are very gentle in nature, intelligent and obedient.
- Dogs can hear sounds four times further away than humans.
- They have sweat glands on the pads of their feet and between their toes.
- The first ever animal to go into space was a Russian dog named Laika.
- The Greyhound is the fastest dog on the earth that can reach speeds of 45 miles an hour.
- An adult has 42 teeth in total.
- Contrary to the popular myth that dogs are color blind, they actually see in color but not as vividly as a human.
- They have two times more muscles that we do to move their ears.
- They use their nose for smelling but they also use it to cool themselves off.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Dogs ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2019. Web. 25 Aug 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/dog-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Dogs. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/dog-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :