Dwarfism Facts Video for Kids
Dwarfism is not a disease that requires a cure and also not an intellectual disability. It can occur in all races and ethnicities. It is generally characterized by short stature. There are more than 300 different conditions that can cause this condition. Achondroplasia is the most common of all of them. People with this condition have short stature with disproportionately short arms and legs. People with this condition usually do not grow more than 4 feet 10 inches. Approximately 80% of little people are born to parents with average height. This condition affected around 700,000 people all over the world.
Fast Facts: –
- Most types of dwarfism have medical complications. Come of them are more severe than others.
- The ADA (Americans with Disability Act) protects the rights of people with this condition.
- This condition is not a reason to assume that the person is incapable of doing something. It is just a genetic modification.
- The four most common causes of dwarfism are Turner Syndrome, Achondroplasia, Pituitary Dwarfism and lack of emotional or physical nurturance.
- The word ‘midget’ is very offensive and should not be used for short people.
- Short people usually have normal life expectancy and they are also susceptible to normal diseases.
- There is no known way yet to prevent dwarfism because it is generally resulted by genetic causes.
- Stress can also stimulate this condition.
- This condition can occur in animals as well.
- Airbags used in cars can be very much dangerous for short people.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Dwarfism Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 15 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/dwarfism-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Dwarfism Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/dwarfism-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :