Early Dinosaur Evolution Video for Kids
Watch the coolest selected and very easy to comprehend Early Dinosaur Evolution video:
Dinosaur evolution can be traced back over 400 million years to an era called the Devonian Period. It is believed that they evolved from other reptiles including the socket-toothed archosaurs during the Triassic Period. During the same time, mammals also evolved.
The earliest dinosaurs were small in size and lightly built. Dinosaurs ruled the world during the Mesozoic Era. Their number increased during the Jurassic Period. Many scientists believe that modern day birds have been descended from dinosaurs.
Quick Facts: –
- The archosaurs were most closely related to the dinosaurs are forms such as Marasuchus.
- The world’s oldest-known dinosaurs were found on Madagascar which is an island in Southeast Africa.
- The earliest known dinosaur was Eoraptor lunensis. It lived about 228 million years ago.
- Just before the start of the Jurassic Period, a categorization of dinosaurs took place. Those two categories are saurischian and ornithischian.
- During the Triassic period, all the continents of the planet were joined together and formed a supercontinent called Pangaea.
- This supercontinent started to break up during the Jurassic Period. It was due to the mechanism plate tectonics.
- The climate was mild though still warm during this era. This climate also allowed the largest dinosaurs to evolve.
- The largest carnivore of the early Jurassic Period was the double-crested dinosaur named as Dilophosaurus.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about Dinosaur Evolution ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 02 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/early-dinosaur-evolution-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Facts for Kids about Dinosaur Evolution. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/early-dinosaur-evolution-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :