The British Royal Family
The British Royal family is undoubtedly one of the most famous royal clan in the world. The Royal family officially comprises of the ruling monarch and all of their close relations. There are a lot of fascinating facts about the royal family. Some of royals are listed below: –
- Queen Elizabeth II is the 40th monarch since William the Conqueror. She has ruled as Head of State since 1953.
- The members of the royal family do not have any surnames. Instead. They use surnames representing their house or dynasty.
- The royal clan belonged to the House of Windsor since 1917.
- The Queen is the only person in the UK who is allowed to drive without a driving license. She is also not required to have a passport.
- Edward VIII abdicated the throne in 1936 to marry Wallis Simpson, a divorced American.
- It is illegal to stand within 100 yards of the reigning king or queen without wearing socks.
- George II was the last king to lead an army in battle during the War of Austrian Succession in 1743.
- If you are ever lucky enough to meet a royal then you should not offer your hand to them to shake.
- Apart from their refined and polished accents, there are a few words that royals would never utter like pardon, toilet etc.
- Generally, the entire British royal family spends Christmas at Sandringham estate.
- Members of the British royal family are called His or Her Royal Highness, but the non-birthright royal loses the HRH style if a divorce happens.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about The British Royal Family ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2019. Web. 22 Aug 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-british-royal-family/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts for Kids about The British Royal Family. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-british-royal-family/
Sponsored Links :