Fingerprint Identification Experiment
This experiment will reveal an individual’s fingerprints and allow for comparison, revealing that different individuals have unique fingerprints.
- 2 sheets of paper
- Standard black Pencil
- Clear tape
- Place one of the sheets of paper in front of you on the table
- Using the pencil heavily shade in a box about the size of a quarter
- Take your index finger and heavily rub the top of your finger into the box that your have just shaded (ensure that the top of your finger is coated in the black shade)
- Take a piece of tape and place it on the black shaded part of your finger
- Remove the tape and stick it on the other piece of paper
- Write the name of the person whose fingerprint it is
- Repeat the process on multiple people
- Compare fingerprints
At the end of your experiment you should have multiple different fingerprints from multiple different people.
Each individual has a unique fingerprint, however the difference in the fingerprints are very hard to distinguish to the naked eye.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fingerprint Identification Experiment for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 19 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/fingerprint-identification-experiment/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fingerprint Identification Experiment for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/fingerprint-identification-experiment/
We've recently added
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
Sponsored Links :