Fourth Grade Science Projects for Kids Video
Fourth Grade Science Projects
This video is about a fourth grade science project called Rube Goldberg Project. In this video, Katie will do a series of experiments to make a marble move from point A to point B with using at least 3 simple machines. Some facts about simple machines are mentioned below: –
- Most common examples of simple machines are inclined plane, levers, pulley, wedge, wheel and axle etc.
- An inclined plane can be defined as a ramp which has one end higher than the opposite end.
- It helps to move heavy objects from a high place to low place and from a low place to high place.
- A ladder is the easiest inclined plane to know.
- A wedge is a tool used for cutting apart materials or balancing at an angle. You will get a wedge when two inclined planes are placed together.
- A lever helps you to lift heavy weights without much effort. It consists of a rod that balances on a fixed point.
- Levers are classified into three different groups which are Class 1 lever, Class 2 lever and Class 3 lever.
- A pulley consists of a rope that passes around a wheel. There are two types of pulleys: fixed and moving.
- The moving pulley system is known as a ‘block and tackle’. Here, block is the pulley and tackle is the rope or chain.
- A screw is a pointed nail which has grooves in it. This thread of grooves is an inclined plane in actual.
- It converts rotational motion to linear motion and a rotational force to linear force.
- Simple machines were first discovered and described by Greek philosopher Archimedes.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fourth Grade Science Projects for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 22 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/fourth-grade-science-projects-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fourth Grade Science Projects for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/fourth-grade-science-projects-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :