Fun Videos on Dogs for Kids
All about Dogs
Dogs are friendly, smart and loyal animals. They are some of the most commonly domesticated animals in the world. These canine creatures can be traced back 40 million years ago to a weasel like animal called the Miacis which later evolved into the Tomarctus. There are approximately 400 million dogs in the world. Although their lifespan depends from one species to another but the average lifespan ranges anywhere from 10 to 14 years. Believe it or not but your canine friend is as smart as a 2 years toddler. They can learn more than 1,000 words.
Quick Facts: –
- The scientific name for dogs is Canis Familiaris.
- There are more than 150 recognized different breeds that vary on the basis of size, temperament, appearance etc.
- A dog’s mouth exerts approximately 320 pounds of pressure on average.
- They have excellent sense of smell which is 1,000 to 1,500 million times better than yours.
- They have sweat glands only in their paws.
- They grow to half their body weight in the first four to five months and then take another year to gain the remaining half weight.
- Dogs curl up while sleeping to keep themselves warm and protect their vital organs.
- They have wet noses that help them to absorb scent chemicals.
- The only breed that cannot bark is the basenji but they can yodel.
- The most popular breed in the United States is Labrador.
- Bloodhounds can trace scents that are more than 300 hours old.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Dogs for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 20 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/fun-videos-on-dogs-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Dogs for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/fun-videos-on-dogs-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :