Horse Facts For Kids Video
This video explains a lot of interesting facts about horses.
Horses are herbivore mammals. They have largest eyes of all the land mammals.
Quick facts: –
- They have a good sense of smell.
- Horses have a lifespan of around 25 years.
- They have a skeleton having around 205 bones.
- Horses have a nearly 360 degree view because they have eyes on the side of their head. They have blind spots exactly in front of their head and behind their head.
- A horse can run at a speed up to 44 kph.
- A male adult horse is called ‘stallion’, female adult horse is called ‘mare’. Baby male and female horses are called ‘colt’ and ‘filly’ respectively.
- A horse starts to run shortly after their birth.
- They use their body parts like ear and eyes to express. They use facial expressions to communicate as well.
- Male horses and female horses have 40 and 36 teeth respectively.
- A horse in 19th century names as ‘Old Billy’ has lived for 62 years.
- They cannot vomit.
- They have a better night vision as compared to human beings.
- They produce more than 10 gallons of saliva every day.
- An adult horse drinks more than 25 gallons of water a day.
- Horses can rotate their ears at 180 degrees.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " fun facts about horses for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 08 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/horse-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). fun facts about horses for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/horse-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :