How to Detect If Someone is Lying
Psychology has its pre-defined set of rules that can help us to detect if someone is lying. There are a few universal signs of lying. There are a few things listed that liars do: –
- They make sudden head movements when you ask them a direct question. That movement could be a jerk, tilt anything.
- They start to breathe heavily. This is due to the increased heart rate and change in the blood flow.
- Liars sometimes avoid making usual unconscious movements and they try to stand very still.
- They avoid making direct eye contact and their eyes darting back and forth continuously.
- They put their hands over their mouth and try to cover it.
- Due to their nervousness and not wanting to face the situation, they shuffle their feet.
- Either they will blink more rapidly or stare at you without blinking at regular intervals.
- If the person is clearing his throat more often that there are more chances of him lying.
- They can show some grooming gestures as well like adjust their clothes, touch the hair or anything else.
- You can also observe some minor details like the change in the person’s pitch or cracking of voice.
- If the person is taking frequent unusual pauses and improvising the details then there are chances that he/she is trying to convince you with what they are saying.