How to Make a Lava Lamp Video for Kids
How to Make a Lava Lamp
Lava lamps are as easy to make as they are fun to look at.
Required Materials: –
- An empty plastic bottle
- Vegetable or mineral oil
- Food colouring
- Effervescent tablet like alka-seltzer
- Sequins and glitter
- A flashlight
- Empty rinse thoroughly a large plastic soda bottle.
- Pour vegetable or mineral oil into the bottle until its ¾ full.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Add several drops of the food colouring of your choice.
- To make things more interesting, add sequins and glitter to the mixture.
- Break an effervescent tablet like Alka-seltzer in several small pieces.
- Drop these pieces into the bottle one by one.
- You will see the oil begin to fall on the bottom and then rise in small droplets.
- Continue adding the tablet pieces until they are all dissolved.
- If you do not have an effervescent tablet then you can also add table salt to the mixture slowly to get the same effect.
- Put the cap back on the bottle. Begin slowly moving the bottle back and forth in your hands until the oil droplets begin to form one big blob.
- Illuminate the bottle with the flashlight to bring out the colours of the blob.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts about How to Make a Lava Lamp ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 07 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-to-make-a-lava-lamp-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts about How to Make a Lava Lamp. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-to-make-a-lava-lamp-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :