How to Make an Electric Motor Video for Kids
How to Make an Electric Motor
An electric motor can be defined as a machine that converts electrical energy into work or mechanical energy. Electromagnetic interaction is the concept using which an electric motor work. You can also make a simple electric motor at home.
- Copper wire
- Two needles
- Neodymium magnet
- AA battery
- Wire strippers
- Wire Cutters
- Use the copper wire to make a coil by wrapping it in a circular loop. Wrap the loose ends around the coil to hold it together.
- This wired loop will be the main spinning part of your motor.
- Take the piece of wood and place the battery on it. Secure the battery with tape.
- Strip the ends of the coil wire by using wire stripper and slide each of them through the eye of needles.
- Tape both the needles to the terminal of the battery.
- Place a neodymium magnet in such a way that it is centered underneath the coil and secure it by using the tape.
- Now give your coil a spin. If you pushed it in the right direction then it will continue to spin.
An electric current makes a magnetic current. The needles and wire created a closed loop that carries current. The current flows from the negative terminal to the positive terminal of the battery.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " How to Make an Electric Motor for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 16 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-to-make-an-electric-motor-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). How to Make an Electric Motor for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/how-to-make-an-electric-motor-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :