Light and Dark Video for Kids
Light refers to electromagnetic radiation or the visible spectrum. It is a type of electromagnetic energy made of tiny photons that contain lots of energy. Visible spectrum is the part of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to human eyes. The rest part of that electromagnetic spectrum that can’t be seen by humans is visible to animals like some insects can see ultraviolet light. The study if light is a branch of physics, known as Optics. We see different colours of light because each colour has a different wavelength. It travels at a speed of about 300,000 km/s.
Quick Facts: –
- You see lightening before you hear thunder because light travels faster as compared to sound.
- Humans are bioluminescent but the emitted light is 1000 times weaker than our naked eyes can pick up.
- Light is an energy that is measured in waves and we can see only a small portion of it.
- Sunlight is very much powerful as it can reach 262 feet in the ocean.
- It is also used by plants to make their food by a process called photosynthesis.
- The strength of light depends on the amount of energy each photon contains.
- It is produced and controlled in many ways.
- Human eyes require light to see.
- It takes more than 8 minutes for light to travel from the Sun to earth which is a distance of about 93 million miles.
- Shadows are formed when objects block the pathway of bright light.
- The light from the aurorae is the result of solar wind.
- Light can make some people sneeze. It is a heritable condition called as ‘photic sneeze reflex’.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for kids about Light ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 12 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/light-and-dark-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for kids about Light. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/light-and-dark-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :