Lung Diagram Facts for Kids Video
Our lungs are the most important organs in our respiratory system and play a key role in the whole process of respiration. Most of the people confuse breathing and respiration with each other but in actual, both are different. On an average, an adult breathes in around 11,000 litres of air every day. Our longs are used to process oxygen. In human body, there are two of them: – the right lung and the left lung. The left is smaller and lighter as compared to the right one as it gives some space to your heart.
Quick Facts: –
- The study of lung diseases is known as pulmonology and the person is known as pulmonologist.
- An average healthy person without any chronic lung disease can only use 70% of the possible lung capacity.
- We take approximately 22,000 breaths in one single day.
- Lungs are the only organs in our entire body that can float on water.
- The right lung is divided into three different sections or lobes and the left one has two lobes. These lobes are made of sponge like tissues.
- Both the lungs collectively contain 300 to 500 million alveoli. These alveoli are surrounded by capillaries.
- Our lungs, along with the heart are protected by ribcage in the chest.
- They have a direct connection to our mouth and also contain taste receptors that can only detect bitter taste.
- Most common lung diseases are bronchitis, tuberculosis, emphysema etc.
- Lungs play an important role in talking as well.
- Our lungs produce mucus with the help of special cells. This mucus is the first line of our defence against bacteria as it catches all the dirt, dust and bacteria.
- Lungs of a newborn baby are pink in colour but they darken in colour as we breathe in the polluted air.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Lungs ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 08 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/lung-diagram-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Lungs. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/lung-diagram-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :