Mahathir Bin Mohammad
Mahathir Bin Mohammad is the newly elected Prime Minister of Malaysia (Election won May 10th 2018). He has won a historic election as he became the oldest world leader at the age of 92 years. He also served as the prime minister of Malaysia from July 1981 to October 2003. He is a physician, and one of his nicknames is Dr. M.
He was born on July 10, 1925 in Alor Setar. His father was the first Indian-Malay headmaster of an English school in Penang and his mother belonged to a family of Kedah royal courtiers.
Quick Facts: –
- Despite having a controversial career in politics, Mahathir Bin Mohammad won three consecutive elections.
- He is also the 1st Malaysian to be prime minister twice after the historic poll win.
- Mahathir joined the United Malays National Organization (UMNO) in 1946 and was elected to Parliament in 1964.
- In 1974 he was elected as minister of education and in 1976 he became deputy prime minister.
- He resigned from the United Malays National Organization, the ruling party of Malaysia on May 19th 2008.
- His alliance of four parties crushed the Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition of Prime Minister Najib Razak.
- Mahathir is credited with transforming Malaysia from a rubber-dependent backwater divided by ethnic rivalries into a well-oiled, high-tech Asian tiger.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Amazing Facts about Mahathir Bin Mohamad ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 04 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/mahathir-bin-mohammad/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Amazing Facts about Mahathir Bin Mohamad. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/mahathir-bin-mohammad/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :