Make Your Own Soda Video for Kids
Make Your Own Soda
Very few people go more than a day or two without soda. It is the most popular beverage in most of the world. You can make your own soda at home in few simple steps.
Required Materials: –
- 1/8 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 gallon normal water
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soda extract
- 1 gallon container with lid (non-aluminium)
- Two 2 litre plastic bottles
- Distilled water (optional)
- Champagne yeast (optional)
- Sugar substitute (optional)
- First of all, decide what kind of soda to make? Choose from cola, fruit beer, ginger ale and lemon lime among the other flavours.
- Dissolve the yeast in the cup of lukewarm water. Use champagne yeast if you can instead of bread yeast because it leads to the best carbonation.
- Pour the sugar, soda extract and the dissolved yeast in the container by using the funnel. Then add enough water to fill it.
- Now close the lid and shake until the sugar dissolves completely.
- If you want to make diet soda then use 5 tablespoon of white sugar and two cups of sugar substitute
- Fill both the plastic bottles with the soda in container by using a funnel and screw on the caps tightly.
- Store the bottles in a dark place at room temperature for 4 to 6 days. Give the bottles a little squeeze every day. If it feels too firm then open the cap to let out a little carbonation and reseal.
- Refrigerate both the bottles and your soda is ready. Make sure you drink it within 4 weeks.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- The average American drinks 56 gallons of soda every year.
- These sugar sweetened beverages are the single largest source of added sugars in the American diet.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Video for Kids to Make Your Own Soda ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 09 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/make-your-own-soda-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Video for Kids to Make Your Own Soda. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/make-your-own-soda-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :