Facts about Math
The word mathematics has been derived from the Greek word Mathema that means learning, study and science. Math is one of the most significant parts of our lives. It is involved in almost all daily chores. It can be difficult at times but if learned properly and with fun then you will surely find it pretty amazing. A few interesting Facts about Math are mentioned below.
Quick Facts: –
- Zero (0) is the only number that cannot be represented using Roman numerals.
- Zero is also categorized as an even number.
- A Palindrome is a number that reads the same backwards and forward.
- Mathematics is an anagram of ‘me asthmatic’.
- A shape with twenty sides is called icosagon.
- ‘FOUR’ is the only number in the English language that is spelt with the same number of letters as the number itself.
- Abacus is known as the origin of calculator.
- 2 and 5 are the only two primes that end in 2 and 5.
- The branch of math in which we study the relationships between angles and side of triangles is known as trigonometry.
- Ancient Babylonians did math in base 60 instead of base 10.
- 2520 is the smallest number that be divided by all the numbers from 1 to 10.
- In a group of 23 people, there are 50% chances that at least two of them will have the same birthday.
- In Greek, the word Calculus means pebbles.
- 7 is the only number that cannot be multiplied or divided and still kept in the same group from 1 to 10.