Microorganism Video for Kids
The word microorganism is made up of words, micro means tiny and organism means a living creature. They cannot be seen by the naked eye. Microorganisms are all around us such as bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi etc. Some of them are not harmful at all, they are beneficial to humans and the environment.
Quick Facts: –
- All the bacteria in our body collectively weigh more than 4 pounds.
- Microbes can make humans powerfully sick.
- There are more bacteria in a person’s mouth than the entire population of the world.
- There are around 1458 bacteria in your belly button.
- Damp hands have more bacteria than dry hands.
- Gonorrhea bacteria are the strongest creature on earth. They can pull 100,000 times their own body weight.
- New born babies do not have any bacteria on their body.
- Mycoplasmas are the smallest known bacteria. They are so tiny that once they were thought to be viruses.
- Microbes generate at least 50% of the oxygen we breathe.
- Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the feasibility of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.
- Antoni van Leeuwenhoek was the first one to observe and study micro-organisms.
- Micro-organisms recycle the huge masses of organic matter synthesized by plants as life on earth evolved.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Microorganism ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 17 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/microorganism-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Microorganism. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/microorganism-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :