Modern States of Matter
As you may already know, matter can be defined as something that takes up space. State of matter is a form that matter takes on. Most people know about only three states of matter those are: – solid, liquid and gas but there are some other states as well known as Modern States of Matter.
Types of states of matter: –
States of matter are divided into two types: –
- Low Energy States: – Low energy states are further divided in two sub categories as followed: –
- Classical States of Matter: – There are total of four types of classical states: – Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma.
- Modern States of Matter: – There are total 11 modern states of matter: –
- Degenerate Matter: – In this state, matter remains under very high pressure.
- Photonic Matter: – This state can be defined as a natural form in which photons form molecules by bonding together. This state can be made artificially as well.
- Quantum: – In this state of matter, the magnitude of the physical property can get affected on only certain discrete values.
- Super Conductivity: – This is a phenomenon in which, when certain materials cooled below a critical temperature then zero electrical resistance and discharge of magnetic flux field occurs.
- Quantum Spin Liquid: – This is a state of interaction of quantum spins.
- String Net Liquid: – In this state of matter, atoms are arranged unstably.
- Supercritical Fluid: – In this state, matter can be called neither liquid nor gas.
- Bose-Einstein Condensate: – Some scientists consider Bose-Einstein condensate as a classical state of matter and some scientists consider it one of the modern states.
- Fermionic Condensate: – They are somewhat similar to Bose-Einstein condensate but composed of fermions.
- Dropleton: – It is a quasiparticle as it comprises of both electrons and holes inside a semiconductor.
- Jahn-Teller Metal: – This state shows some characteristics of an insulator but acts as a conductor.
- Very High Energy States: – There is one state of matter that is very high energy state, Quark-gluon plasma.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Modern States of Matter Fun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2021. Web. 26 Feb 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/modern-states-of-matter/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Modern States of Matter Fun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/modern-states-of-matter/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :