Nuclear Symbol Facts
This video is all about atoms, isotopes, ions and nuclear symbol. With this video, you will be able to learn what atoms are and what it’s composed of.
The Atom: –
- It is mostly space.
- It has a very small dense nucleus
- It has positive protons, neutral neutrons and negative electrons.
- Protons and Neutrons both are in the nucleus of the atom which is very small. It is one trillionth of the entire volume of the atom but that is where the most if the mass is.
Nuclear Symbols consists of: –
- Symbol of the element
- The mass number
- The atomic number
- The Charge
Quick Facts: –
- A stable atom has no charge.
- The Atomic number of an element is the number of protons in the nucleus.
- The mass number is the sum of the protons and neutrons.
- Isotopes are atoms of the same element but with a different number of neutrons.
- The ion is an atom that has a charge because it gained or lost electrons.
- An electron is negative so an ion that loses electrons is positive and called a cation. An ion that gains an electron is negative and called an anion.