Panda Facts Video for Kids
Enjoy watching the coolest unique and very easy to understand Panda Facts video:
Pandas have an appearance like bears. They have a distinctive black and white coat that makes them easily recognizable. Their scientific name is Ailuropoda Melanoleuca. Pandas generally live in bamboo forests in misty and rainy mountains of western China. They are shy creatures so they prefer to live alone. They are omnivores as their diet consists of both vegetation and meat but bamboo is their favorite food. They also eat small rodents, fish, insects, and birds. Pandas are mostly born in the month of August because they mate from March to May. Their gestation period ranges from 3 to 5 months.
Fast Facts: –
- Pandas have been a symbol of peace in China.
- In ancient time, Chinese warring tribes would raise a flag with a picture of a panda to stop the battle.
- Pandas do not hibernate during winter months like other bears.
- They have excellent eyesight.
- They are born pink, furless and with their eyes closed.
- A newborn panda cub weighs less than an iPhone. They are blind at the time of birth.
- A panda can poop as much as 28 kilos in one single day. Their poop also contains undigested pieces of bamboos.
- They have seven toes that help them to grasp bamboo easily.
- They have plantigrade feet that mean their toes and heel both touch the ground while walking.
- Pandas have a special lining in their throat that protects them from bamboo splinters.
- They have 42 teeth and like humans, they have two sets of teeth in their lifetime.
- They spend at least 12 hours each day eating bamboos.
- A female panda gives birth to one or two cubs at a time.
- The average lifespan of a panda in wild is 20 years. They can live up to 25 years in captivity.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Panda Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 13 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/panda-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Panda Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/panda-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :