Petronas Twin Towers – Kuala Lumpur
Petronas Twin Towers are twin buildings situated in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, that sport a unique architecture. It is one of the most admirable buildings in the world. These towers are the tallest twin buildings in the world with a height of 452 meters and 88 stories. They were designed by an Argentine American architect Cesar Pelli.
It was reported that the cost to build the twin towers was USD 1.6 billion. It has the world’s tallest sky bridge which connects both the towers on the 41st and 42nd floors.
Quick Facts: –
- These towers house the aircraft warning lights and external maintenance building equipment. Each tower has 213,750 square meters usable space.
- A project of this scale would usually take eight years to complete. However, it only took 6 years to complete the twin towers.
- These structures are mostly encased in steel and vision glass featuring multi-faceted walls of 33,000 stainless steel and 55,000 glass panels.
- The construction work was completed in 1998 but the structure was officially opened on August 28, 1999, on the Malaysian National Day.
- There is an observation deck on the 86th floor from where you can take in the spectacular view of Kuala Lumpur.
- There are total 32,000 windows with UV and solar radiation steel in both the towers.
- The pinnacles that top both towers stand 241 feet high. They consist of a spire, mast ball and ring ball.
- The Towers house 29 double-decker high-speed passenger lifts, six heavy-duty service lifts and four executive lifts.
- The whole complex was built on a former horse-racing track.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Amazing Facts about Petronas Twin Towers ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2018. Web. 19 Aug 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/petronas-twin-towers/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Amazing Facts about Petronas Twin Towers. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/petronas-twin-towers/
Sponsored Links :