Pictures of the Statue of Liberty Video for Kids
The Statue of Liberty
Full name of the Statue of Liberty is Liberty Enlightening the World. It is located on Liberty Island in the New York Harbor, USA. France gave this to America in 1886 as a gift. French sculptor Frederic Bartholdi designed the statue. Lady liberty represents Libertas, the roman goddess of freedom. She holds a torch and a tablet, on which the date of declaration of American independence is inscribed.
Quick Facts: –
- The statue has a waistline of 35 feet and it wears a shoe of size 879.
- There are 25 windows in the crown of the Statue of Liberty.
- This statue was originally supposed to be a lighthouse.
- It was dedicated on October 28, 1886.
- Height of the statue is 151 feet and the height from ground to the torch is 305 feet.
- The head of the statue was displayed at the world’s fair in Paris in 1878.
- The total number of visitors to this incredible monument reaches around 3.2 million every year.
- The crown of statue has seven spikes that represent 7 oceans and 7 continents. Each spike is 9 feet in length.
- You will have to climb 354 stairs to reach the statue’s crown.
- The Statue of Liberty has an iron infrastructure and copper exterior. It turned light green in colour due to oxidation.
- Chains and a broken shackle lie at the statue’s feet that symbolize it as freedom.
- The Statue of Liberty weighs around 450,000 pounds.
- The face of the statue is approximately 8 feet tall.
- Liberty Island which is home to the Statue of Liberty was previously called Bledloe’s Island.
- The statue’s face is said to be modelled on the sculptor’s mother Charlotte.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about the Statue of Liberty ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 18 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/pictures-of-the-statue-of-liberty-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fun Facts for Kids about the Statue of Liberty. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/pictures-of-the-statue-of-liberty-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
Sponsored Links :