Planet Facts for Kids Video
Facts about Planets
A planet can be defined as a celestial body that orbits around the Sun. There are total eight planets in the entire solar system which are Mercury, Venus, Neptune, Uranus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Except for Neptune and Uranus, all other planets are can be seen with the naked human eye. These two are visible when using a small telescope or binoculars. Jupiter is the largest and Mercury is the smallest of all of them. Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars are known as Inner Planets or Terrestrial Planets. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are known as Outer Planets or Gas Giants.
Quick Facts: –
- Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun but still, it has ice on its surface. All of the ice is found in permanently shadowed craters and does not receive any sunlight ever.
- Venus is the brightest planet in the entire solar system. It can be seen with naked human eye if you know where to look.
- Venus takes 224.7 Earth days to complete an orbit around the Sun but takes only 243 Earth days to rotate on its axis.
- Jupiter spins very quickly on its axis and a day on the planet lasts for only 9 hours and 55 minutes.
- Neptune was discovered in the year of 1846. It finally made its first lap around the Sun in 2011, since its discovery.
- Saturn is the least dense planet in the solar system. If there was a tub big enough to hold Saturn then it would float in the water.
- Mercury takes 59 days to make a rotation and 88 days to circle the Sun.
- The dust storms of Mars are the largest in the solar system.
- Mars is home to both the highest mountain and the deepest and longest valley in the entire solar system.
- Neptune is home to supersonic winds.
- Outside of our solar system, there are thousands of other planets.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Planets ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 26 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/planet-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Planets. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/planet-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :