Rabbit Facts for Kids Video
This video explains a lot of interesting facts about super cute animals called rabbits.
They are small mammals with soft fur, short tails long ears from the family Leporidae. While originally from Europe and Africa, rabbits now call many places home. There are more than 50 species of rabbits. In the wild, rabbits have a lot of things to do which keep them occupied. They have an excellent sense of smell, sight and hearing. They have nearly 360° panoramic vision which allows them to detect predators from all the directions. They can see everything behind them and only have a small blind spot in front of their nose.
- They are territorial animals which live in loosely organized social groups.
- They are social animals and enjoy the company of other rabbits.
- Although, typically very quiet, they do communicate vocally.
- They have extremely strong hind limbs which allow them to leap great distances.
- They stand high on their hind legs to give themselves a better vantage point to look for predators.
- Rabbits are meticulously clean animals and are easy to house break and train.
- Happy rabbits practice a cute behavior known as ‘Binky’. They jump up, twist and spin around.
- A baby rabbit is called a kit, a female is called a doe and a male is a buck. A group of rabbits is called Herd.
- The average size of a rabbit litter is usually about 10 babies. They have a short gestation period of 30 day.
- A rabbit’s life span is about 8 years.
- A rabbit’s teeth never stop growing.
- They cannot vomit so it is important to feed them only healthy, fresh and appropriate food.
- They are most active in the early morning and in the evening.
- Rabbits chew 120 times a minute.
- They are omnivores. They eat their dropping too because they need to digest their food twice.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun rabbit facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2019. Web. 24 Aug 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/rabbit-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun rabbit facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/rabbit-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :