Sweet, red raspberries are not only beautiful and delicious, but healthy. They contain more vitamin C than an orange and they are rich in antioxidants. Raspberries don’t ripen after they’re picked. They’re ripe when they’re fully colored and come off the stem easily.
- Raspberries are related to blackberries and roses.
- Scotland is famous for its raspberries. During the 1950s, raspberries were shuttled from Scotland to London on a train called The Raspberry Express.
- There are over 200 varieties of raspberries. Most are red, but you’ll also find purple and yellow ones. The yellow ones are the most fragile, but they’re also the sweetest.
- Raspberries have been bred with other berries to make new kinds of berries. Loganberries, for example, are a cross between raspberries and blackberries.
- Raspberries were once a symbol for kindness. Raspberry tea, made from raspberry leaves, is thought to help in childbirth.
- Raspberries can be eaten fresh out of hand, added to yogurt, cereal, or smoothies, or stirred into ice cream. Freeze them to use later or add them to salads. Dried raspberries are delicious in baked goods. And how about raspberry jam, which is easy to make at home.
- Antioxidant: compounds in fruits and vegetables that are thought to slow aging and prevent disease
- Symbol: something that stands for something else
Questions and Answers
Question: Are raspberries easy to grow?
Answer: Raspberries are easy to grow in most parts of the U.S. It’s important to pick the right variety for your climate. Raspberries grow on sprawling bushes and need plenty of room. If you can’t grow raspberries in your garden, try finding a farm nearby where you can pick them.
Learn how to make raspberry jam. It’s easier than you think.
Visit a raspberry farm during the harvest.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Raspberry Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 20 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/raspberry/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Raspberry Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/raspberry/
Sponsored Links :