Robert Wadlow Video for Kids
This video is about Robert Wadlow, the tallest man who ever lived.
Robert Wadlow Facts
Robert Pershing Wadlow was born on February 22, 1918 in Illinois, United States. He is the tallest person who ever lived with a height of 2.72 meters. He weighed around 200 kg. He got a nickname ‘Alton Giant’ or ‘Giant of Illinois’. The reason of his never ending growth was Hyperplasia in his pituitary gland.
Fast Facts: –
- Robert Wadlow was a ‘Freemason’ and had the world’s largest freemason ring. He was eventually elevated to the level of ‘master mason’.
- In 1939, he broke the record of world’s tallest person beating John Rogan.
- He was forced to wear leg braces so that he could walk properly but he never used a wheelchair.
- Wadlow enrolled in Shurtleff College to become a law student in 1936.
- He had numb sensation throughout his legs due to his unusual height.
- In the Alton Museum of History and Art, some of his shoes are displayed. His shoe size was 37AA.
- In 1938, he did a lot of promotional work with Ringling Brothers Circus.
- On July 4, 1940, he got injured on his ankle. He was treated with an emergency surgery due a parasitic infection in his wound.
- His condition continued to decline and he died on July 15, 1940 at the age of 22.
- 11 days prior to his death, his height was recorded 8 feet and 11.1 inches by two doctors, Dr. C. M. Charles and Dr. Cyril MacBryde.
- In 1986, after 46 years of his death, a statue was erected in his town, Alton.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Robert Wadlow ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 18 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/robert-wadlow-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Robert Wadlow. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/robert-wadlow-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :