Science Definitions for Kids Video
Science for Kids
What is Science?
Science can be defined as the process of observing and question the world around us. We also sometimes call the thing we learned through experimentation science. The term science itself came from a Latin word ‘Scientia’ that means knowledge.
The name of many branches in science ends with ‘ology’ that means ‘study of’ in Greek. Science is aimed to gain knowledge through a disciplined set of steps that is called the scientific method.
- A scientific method consists of
- Asking a question
- Proposing a possible solution called hypothesis
- Testing the hypothesis through a series of experiments
- Examine the results of the experiment to see if the hypothesis has been supported or repudiated
- Proposing a new question or a new hypothesis
Scientists can specialize in one of the hundred different fields, all of which focus on different types of knowledge.
For example: – Physical sciences like chemistry and physics examine the law of nature. They consistently repeat the fundamental science because everything in the universe obeys these natural laws. Astronomers, physicist, and engineers study physical sciences. Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, and Marie Curie were physical scientists.
Scientists in life sciences like evolution, microbiology, and zoology study anything living. Medicine is also considered to be a life science. Charles Darwin and Rachel Carson are two well-known biologists.
Social scientists, who take jobs in fields like psychology, sociology, and anthropology, study humans and human behavior. Sigmund Freud and Margaret Mead were both social scientists.
Science never ends. Every day scientists make new discoveries and answer new questions.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Amazing Facts for Kids about Science ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 05 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/science-definitions-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Amazing Facts for Kids about Science. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/science-definitions-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph