Sun and Planets Song for Kids Facts Video
Sun and Planets
The solar system consists of the sun and planets. Sun is the largest object of it and all nine planets orbit around it. Along with this average star, the all eight planets are Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Jupiter, Earth and Venus. The Sun is so big that it contains 99.85% of the entire mass of the solar system. This star is about 70% hydrogen and 28% helium by mass and everything else is included in less than 2%. It gets its power from nuclear fusion reactions.
Quick Facts: –
- The entire solar system appears to be an empty void. It comprises the interplanetary medium.
- The sun is generally referred to as an ordinary star because in the entire universe there are so many stars similar to it.
- The surface of Sun is known as the photosphere. It has a surface temperature of about 5800 K.
- All eight planets are divided into two different categories which are terrestrial planets and gas giants.
- Terrestrial planets are Earth, Mars, Venus and Mercury. Gas giants are Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus.
- Jupiter is the largest planet and Mercury is the smallest planet is the entire solar system.
- The sun, a hot ball of glowing gases has gravity high enough to hold the solar system together.
- The inner 25% area of its radius is known as the Sun’s core. It has extreme conditions like 15.6 million Kelvin temperature and 250 billion atmosphere pressure.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Sun and Planets ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 08 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/sun-and-planets-song-for-kids-facts-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Sun and Planets. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/sun-and-planets-song-for-kids-facts-video/
Sponsored Links :