Tallest Buildings in the World Video for Kids
Tallest Building in the World
Burj Khalifa is best known as the tallest tower in the world with an architectural height of 828 meters. The height measured from its tip is 829.8 meters. There are total 164 floors in the building and this figure includes one floor under the ground. Underground floor is not included in the measurements of height.
Quick Facts: –
- This amazing building is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- It was initially named as Burj Dubai. But it was renamed as Burj Khalifa to honour Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the president of UAE.
- This building has the longest and one of the fastest single running elevators. It is for 140 floors and they go with a speed of 10 metres per second.
- The observation deck of the building is located on the 124th floor at a height of 452.1 meters.
- The gross floor area of this building is 309,473 meter square.
- Emaar is the developer and owner of the tower.
- It took 7 years to complete the tallest skyscraper. The construction started in 2004 and was completed in 2010.
- This building hold several records like: – highest number of stories, tallest free standing building, highest occupied floor etc.
- Burj Khalifa requires 250,000gallons of water supply every day.
- There are 12 machines that move along a track for cleaning. 3 cleaners board a single 13 ton heavy machine to clean the reflective windows.
- The total cost of this tower is approximately $1.5 billion.
- It took around 22 million man hours, 55,000 tons of steel rebar and 110,000 tons of concrete to construct Burj Khalifa.
- The design of this tower resembles the Hymenocallis flower.
- This amazing tower has around 2956 parking spaces, 900 apartments, 37 office floors and 304 hotels.
- There is a time difference of 3 minutes from the ground to the top of the tower.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about the Tallest Building in the World for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 14 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/tallest-buildings-in-the-world-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about the Tallest Building in the World for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/tallest-buildings-in-the-world-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :