The 3 States of Matter Video for Kids
Enjoy seeing the excellent hand-picked and extremely easy to comprehend The 3 States of Matter easy science for kids video:
States of Matter
Matter can be described as anything that has mass and takes up space. It could be anything and it is all around us. It is the stuff that you see or touch. There are three major states of matter which are solid, liquid and gas. All matter is composed of atoms. In Solid state, these atoms are tightly packed together and cannot move easily. This is also the reason why solids hold their shape at room temperature. In Liquid state, atoms have some space in between. They can move slightly. In Gas state, atoms have enough space between them so that they can easily move around.
Quick Facts: –
- When certain physical conditions change, the compounds and elements can move from one state to another.
- Atoms are the smallest particle of matter. They are so small that cannot be seen without a microscope.
- Most of the substances on Earth are solids at everyday temperatures. Therefore, only a few substances are liquids or gases compared to the amount of solids.
- Gases cannot only hold their shape at room temperature but they don’t even stay put.
- Matter can move from one state to another one, but can still be the same substance without any change.
- Liquid Crystals are also used for the display in electronic calculators.
- You can distinguish among solids, liquids, and gases on two levels: the macroscopic and sub microscopic.
- The change of state from liquid to gas is called evaporation, from gas to liquid is called condensation and from liquid to solid is called solidification.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about States of Matter ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 29 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-3-states-of-matter-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Facts for Kids about States of Matter. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-3-states-of-matter-video-for-kids-2/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :