The Canary Islands
The beautiful Canary Islands found off the coast of West Africa are an independent colony of Spain. More than 12 million tourists visit the Canary Islands every year. The islands have sparkling beaches, warm temperatures and gorgeous scenery. Here, you’ll find national parks and the third tallest volcano in the world.
- 2,117,519 people live in the Canary Islands.
- The country has 2,893 square miles of land.
- The main religion here is Roman Catholic. Other religions include Islam, Hinduism, and Latter Day Saint (Mormon) faiths.
- Colony: an area controlled by another country
- Sparkling: bright
- Scenery: landscape, what you see
To learn more about the Canary Islands, visit the Canary Islands website.
Question: Are the Canary Islands a safe country to visit?
Answer: Although the Canary Islands sit off the coast of Africa, it feels more like a European country. The islands are developed and have a stable government. However, recent earthquakes, floods and volcanic activity have damaged the islands.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun The Canary Islands Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2018. Web. 10 Dec 2018. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-canary-islands/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun The Canary Islands Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/the-canary-islands/
We've recently added
- Syria Worksheet and Quiz
- Samoa Worksheet and Quiz
- Neil Armstrong Worksheet and Quiz
- Mount Everest Worksheet and Quiz
- Henry Hudson Worksheet and Quiz
- Guatemala Worksheet and Quiz
- Cleopatra Worksheet and Quiz
- Carl Linnaeus Worksheet and Quiz
- Canada Worksheet and Quiz
- Turtle Worksheet and Quiz
Sponsored Links :