3rd Grade Science Project
In this video a small girl is demonstrating a simple and easy science experiment of making glowing alum crystals.
Materials Required: –
- A bowl
- Black light
- Hot tap water
- First of all, take the highlighter and cut it to pen. Extract the ink container from it.
- Now, take the ink container, remove its plastic covering and squeeze the ink in a bowl that is filled with hot tap water.
- Squeeze the ink completely in the bowl of water.
- If you will see the water bowl by using black light then you will see that it is glowing.
- In the next step, take some glowing water in a cup and in another cup take some normal water.
- Put the alum in both the cups and stir it with a spoon to make crystals.
- Both the crystals will look the same but when you will see them by using black light, you will find that alum crystals made by the water with highlighter ink will glow.
- And the crystals made by using normal water will not glow.
Crystals that are made by using glowing water are glowing because they have soaked up the fluorescent of the highlighter ink.