Uranus Planet Video for Kids
All about Uranus Planet
It is the seventh planet from the Sun. It is not visible to naked eye. It is the first planet discovered with the help of a telescope. It was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781. The name of this planet is given after the father of roman god Saturn.
Fast facts: –
- This planet is so large in size that it can contain 15 earths at a time.
- It has a total of 27 moons.
- This planet has 13 rings.
- Astronomer Johann Bode has suggested the name Uranus.
- One trip of this planet around sun takes 84 earth years.
- It is also called as ‘Ice Giant’.
- Uranus has the coldest atmosphere of any planet with a minimum temperature which is -224°C approximately.
- Only one spacecraft has flown by the Uranus and that spacecraft was Voyager 2.
- The largest moon of the planet is Titania.
- This Planet has an unusual tilt which is believed to be caused by a collision.
- Winds on this planet can reach up to a speed of 560 miles per hour.
- Firstly, this planet was named as ‘Georgium Sidus’. It is a Latin word which means Georgian Planet. This name was given by William Herschel.
- It is the second least dense planet.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for kids about Uranus Planet ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2018. Web. 19 Jul 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/uranus-planet-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun facts for kids about Uranus Planet. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/uranus-planet-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :