Walt Disney Concert Hall
Walt Disney Concert Hall is located at 111 South Grand Avenue in Downtown of Los Angeles, California. It is the fourth hall of the Los Angeles Music Center which is one of the largest performing arts centers in the United States. It is one of the most acoustically sophisticated concert halls in the world.
The concept of this project was launched in 1987 with the donation of $50 million by Lillian Disney, widow of Walt Disney. It was designed by a Canadian born American Architect Frank Gehrya. He also won the Pritzker Prize.
Quick Facts: –
- Frank Gehrya designed an unbuilt proposal the Grand and Disney hall is just on small piece of that.
- The Walt Disney Concert Hall is a 3.6 acre complex with stainless steel exterior and stunning wood-panelled main auditorium.
- Construction of this concert hall started in 1999 and got completed in 2003. The total cost of the project was $274 million.
- It was opened on October 24, 2003 and received wide acclaim for its excellent acoustics and distinctive architecture.
- The hall has a vineyard seating configuration that means the seating surrounds the stage, rising up in serried rows.
- There are 6,500 stainless steel panels, no two of which are the same shape or size.
- The main hall has a very large pipe organ which was completed in 2004.
- The organ was built by German organ builder Casper Glatter Gotz and has total 6,125 pipes.
- The Walt Disney Concert Hall has a seating capacity of 2,265.
- Designed as one large volume, the auditorium allows the occupants to be in the same space as the orchestra.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Walt Disney Concert Hall ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 09 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/walt-disney-concert-hall/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts for Kids about Walt Disney Concert Hall. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/walt-disney-concert-hall/
Sponsored Links :