You must have heard about the famous businessman and investor, Warren Buffett. He is ranked three on Forbes’s list of the world’s top most billionaire with a net worth of $70 billion. Buffett was born on August 30, 1930 in Omaha, Nebraska. His complete name is Warren Edward Buffett. His father Howard Buffett was a politician and a businessman. Warren Buffett is also known as ‘Oracle of Omaha’. Warren made his first stock purchase when he was only 11 years old. He delivered newspapers for The Washington Post as his first job and made $175 a month.
Quick Facts: –
- Buffett made his most successful investment in 1963 after a Wall Street scandal.
- He announced he would give away 85% of his wealth to charity, not his children.
- He loves junk food and his favorite meal is a cheeseburger with a Cherry Coke.
- Warren Buffett spends 80 percent of his day reading because according to him, he keeps collecting more facts and information and it helps him in his business.
- He made his first investment by buying a 40 acre Omaha farm when he was a high school sophomore.
- After that he bought a second-hand pinball machine for $25 and within one year he sold the pinball business for $1,200.
- He joined Twitter in March 2013 and his first tweet was “Warren is in the house”.
- Buffett plays online bridge to de-stress himself. He plays under the name ‘T-bone’.
- He has sent only one email in his entire life and uses an ancient Nokia flip phone.
- At the age of 13, he files his first income tax return for income from his newspaper routes.
- He became chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway in 1970.
- In February, 2011 he also received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- In August, 2011 he invested $5 million in Bank of America.
- He is suffering from a non-life threatening prostate cancer that he was diagnosed with in April, 2012.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Warren Buffett ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 04 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/warren-buffett/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Warren Buffett. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/warren-buffett/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :