Who Invented the World Wide Web Facts for Kids Video
Ever wondered who invented the World Wide Web?
Who invented the World Wide Web
Tim Berners-Lee invented the software program named as the World Wide Web in 1989. He is a scientist in the true sense of the word – idealistic and uncomfortable in the media spotlight. Yet his invention, WWW provides an easy way to access the internet. It has made a huge effect on present-time business and communications. Some experts claim that the World Wide Web has transformed the ability of computer users all over the world to connect to each other.
Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee is also known as TimBL. He was born on 8 June 1955 and grew up in London. He studied physics at Oxford University and became a software engineer. In 1980, he was working in a physics laboratory called CERN, in Geneva, Switzerland. He first described the concept of a global system which is based on the concept of ‘hypertext’. It would allow researchers anywhere to share information. He also built a prototype called ‘Enquire’. In 1984, he has returned to CERN, which was also home to a major European Internet Node. In 1989, he published a paper named as ‘Information Management: A Proposal’. In this, hypertext was married up with the internet, to create a sharing and distributed information system not just for a company, but globally. He named it the World Wide Web.
Facts you didn’t know about him: –
- He credits his status as ‘inventor of the World Wide Web’ to a random chance.
- Those 404 ‘website not found’ pages are a necessary evil.
- He also hated how hard it once was to write on the web.
- He played with the idea of starting a company to make a browser, a move that would have set him up to compete with the likes of Mosaic and perhaps make him rich. But he feared sparking a war between irreconcilable browsers (not compatible) and permanently dividing the web.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " fun facts about the invention of World Wide Web ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 28 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/who-invented-the-world-wide-web-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). fun facts about the invention of World Wide Web. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/who-invented-the-world-wide-web-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :