World Health Day
World Health Day is celebrated on April 7 every year. The World Health Organization was founded on April 7, 1948 and the day is celebrated to mark the anniversary. The main purpose of this day is to draw attention to the subject of global health. Every year, the events on this day have a different theme.
Headquarters of the World Health Organization are located in Geneva, Switzerland. According to a report of WHO, around 60% of deaths of children aged below 5 are caused by infectious disease such as Pneumonia.
Fast Facts: –
- The World Health Organization aims to provide the highest possible standard of health.
- The main responsibility of the World Health Organization is assisting governments in strengthening health services.
- Some other WHO global health campaigns are: – World AIDS Day, World Immunization Week, World Malaria Week, World No Tobacco Day, World Blood Donor Day, World Hepatitis Day and World Tuberculosis Day.
- Events held on World Health Day include Conferences, free medical checkups, public marches and demonstrations.
- The WHO has many other programs that help to improve overall world health by providing different sanitation practices.
- Depression sits on the top of the list of major causes of ill health.
- According to a survey, more than 300 million people are living with depression.
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is the current WHO Director-General (data 2018).
- The World Health Organization was founded to better address the needs of global health issues.
- There are three distinct components that help the WHO to operate: – the World Health Assembly, the Executive Board and the secretariat.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about World Health Day for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 26 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/world-health-day/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about World Health Day for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/world-health-day/
We've recently added
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
- Explore the Wet-Sand Effect at Home
- How to Bake Ice Cream Without it Melting
- Make your Artwork Dance!
- Food Insecurity
Sponsored Links :