World Population Day Facts
July 11 is celebrated as World Population Day every year. The main purpose of this day is to highlight population issues and work to solve them together. It was established and organised by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989.
There are more than 7.6 billion people on the earth. Top five most populated countries are: – China, India, USA, Indonesia, and Brazil. According to an estimate, every second there are 4.3 births and 1.8 deaths. It leads to a net population gain of 2.5 people per second.
Quick Facts: –
- Every 20 minutes, there are around 3,000 people born in the world.
- Approximately 52% of the entire population of the world is under 30 years old.
- World’s population was one billion in 1804 and it took 123 years to reach 2 billion. In next 32 years the figure was 4 billion and after 37 more years it was around 7 billion.
- According to an estimate by United Nations, it will increase 4 billion more by 2100.
- The United States of America ranks third in the list of most populous countries in the world.
- There are more people migrating than ever before.
- World Population Day is mainly celebrated to empower youth of both genders and offer them detailed knowledge about their responsibilities.
- Every year, the celebration is based on a particular theme.
- It is estimated that 108 billion people have lived thorough our history.
- The entire world’s population, standing side by side would fit into 500 square miles.
- Approximately 1.8 billion people around the world are between the ages of 10 and 24.
- As today our population is growing by 1.18 % per year.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun World Population Day Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 19 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/world-population-day-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun World Population Day Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/world-population-day-facts/
Sponsored Links :