Ducks – The Adorable and Friendly Birds
Have you ever watched ducks or fed them at a pond or lake? Then you know that ducks are adorable and almost friendly. If they see you with food, they’ll follow you or even peck at you! Ducks are found in every part of the world, except Antarctica.
These water fowl are expert swimmers and divers. Their feathers are designed to keep them warm.
Fun Facts about Ducks for Kids
- Ducks can see well underwater.
- Ducks eat grain, seeds, nuts, fruit, insects, water plants and even small fish.
- Ducks are social. They live in groups called rafts or teams.
- Male ducks are called drakes. Females are called hens. Babies are ducklings.
- Ducks fly in a “V” shape. This shape makes flying easier.
- Adorable: cute, loveable
- Peck: nip or bite
- Fowl: birds
- Social: friendly with others of the same kind
- Designed: planned, made
Learn More All About Ducks
Watch this interesting documentary about them:
A documentary video about the lives of ducks.
Question: Do male and female ducks look the same?
Answer: Male ducks are usually brightly colored with green or chestnut brown throats. Females are brown all over.
Question: Do ducks build nests?
Answer: Ducks usually lay their eggs in nest boxes, holes or burrows high in trees.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Duck Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2017. Web. 16 Dec 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-ducks/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Duck Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-ducks/
Sponsored Links :