Best Jane Goodall Biography Video for Kids
Jane Goodall is a British scientist, animal researcher and United Nation’s messenger of peace. She was born on April 3, 1934 in London. She became famous because of her detailed study about chimpanzees. Here are some interesting facts about her.
Fast facts: –
- Her father was a businessman and her mother was a writer.
- She was first introduced to chimpanzees when she was just 1 year old and got a toy chimpanzee as gift from her father. That toy was named as ‘Jubilee’.
- After completing her high school in 1952, she joined Oxford University as a secretary and alongside she was working as a filmmaker’s assistant. She was doing all these jobs to save money for a long awaited trip to Africa.
- The famous anthropologist Dr. Louis S. B. Leakey hired her as his assistant at the age of 23. Then he sent her to Tanzania to study about chimpanzees.
- She has no formal training or education in this field when she started her study about chimpanzees. This factor worked positively for her and she has created her own unique methods of observation.
- After a deep study, she discovered two facts about chimpanzees: – (1.) They are intelligent enough to make tools and use them. (2.) They are not vegetarian.
- She established The Jane Goodall Institute in 1977which supports researches and runs conservation programs for chimpanzees.
- She wrote many articles and books about her experiences.
- She won many awards for her researches and works.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts about Jane Goodall for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2018. Web. 23 Jan 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-jane-goodall-biography-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Facts about Jane Goodall for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-jane-goodall-biography-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :