4th Grade Science Fair Projects Video for Kids
4th Grade Science Fair Project
In this video, a small kid Simon is demonstrating an easy experiment to generate hydrogen gas by using a homemade hydrogen generator. It is actually very easy.
Required Materials: –
- 2 Copper sticks
- 2 paper clips
- Electrical wires
- 2 empty plastic bottles
- Sticky tape
- A plastic tube
- Hose Pipe
- First of all, fix both the copper sticks in the water by drilling in the bottle and secure them with sticky tape.
- Now fill the bottle with normal water.
- Add two tablespoons of salt in the water to make a mixture.
- Connect the cap of the hydrogen generator with the plastic tube.
- Connect this tube to the hydrogen collector with the help of a hose pipe.
- The collector contains a plastic bottle arranged upside down and attached with a measuring cup.
- Attach two wires to the copper sticks. One has positive charge and another has negative charge.
- Connect these electrical wires to the power source.
- Now, electrolysis will take place and water will be decomposed in to hydrogen and Oxygen.
- You can easily see the hydrogen going up from the bottle in the form of bubbles.
- In the collector section, hydrogen bubble will push the water out of the water and will get collected in the bottle.
- After the entire process, you will have hydrogen gas in the bottle.
- As the last step, we will do the flame test.
- For that, we will take a burning matchstick near the bottle willed with hydrogen and we will get to hear a loud blast because hydrogen is flammable.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun 4th Grade Science Fair Project for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 16 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/4th-grade-science-fair-projects-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun 4th Grade Science Fair Project for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/4th-grade-science-fair-projects-video-for-kids-2/
Sponsored Links :