Best Chemistry for Kids – Video for Kids
Chemistry for Kids
Chemistry can be defined as a branch of science that deals with the structure, composition and properties of different substances. It also includes the transformations that these substances undergo. It is also known as ‘central science’ as it is an important part of other major sciences. It is a very much fascinating science. The person who studies this branch of science or specializes in this is called ‘chemist’.
Quick Facts: –
- Bromine and Mercury are the only elements that are liquid at room temperature.
- Gold and copper are the only two non-silvery metals.
- Water expands in its solid state unlike other substances that shrink when they freeze.
- In an adult human body, 250 grams of salt is present.
- Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe and oxygen is the most abundant element in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Liquid air has a bluish tint, similar to water.
- Technically, a rubber tire is one single giant polymerized molecule.
- Copper is the only metal that is naturally antibacterial.
- Ununoctium (Uuo) is the heaviest element found so far with atomic number 118.
- Oxygen is colourless in gas state but it is blue in solid and liquid state.
- Liquid nitrogen boils at a temperature of 77 Kelvin.
- Oil and water do not mix under normal conditions.
- Dry ice is the solid form of carbon dioxide (CO2).
- The element californium is known as the most expensive substance in the world.
- The densest known stable element on the earth is Osmium.
- Gallium has a melting point of 29.76°C. It is a metal that melts in your palm.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Chemistry for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 21 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-chemistry-for-kids-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fun Facts about Chemistry for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-chemistry-for-kids-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- All About Microbiology
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :