5th Grade Science Fair Projects Facts for Kids Video
5th Grade Science Fair Project
In this video, a small kid Micah is demonstrating a simple fun science experiment to find out if some gases are heavier than others.
Required Materials: –
- Baking Soda
- Two balloons
- An empty plastic bottle
- First of all, put some baking soda in a balloon by using a funnel.
- After that pour some vinegar in the plastic bottle.
- In the next step, you need to place the balloon’s opening at the top of the bottle in such a way that the baking soda will be poured in to the bottle.
- Now, in the bottle a chemical reaction will take place and the balloon will get filled with Carbon dioxide.
- Tie off the balloon once it is full.
- Take another balloon and fill it with air from your mouth. Tie it off as well.
- Now, the time is for the most important step. Take both the balloon and drop them together then observe what happened.
- Carbon dioxide will sink and air balloon will float more than that.
There is a difference between the volume of air balloon and the balloon filled with carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide balloon is slightly heavier than the air balloon. It proves the concept that some gases are heavier than others.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun 5th Grade Science Fair Projects for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 28 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/5th-grade-science-fair-projects-facts-for-kids-video-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun 5th Grade Science Fair Projects for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/5th-grade-science-fair-projects-facts-for-kids-video-2/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :