Chemical Reactions for Kids – Video for Kids
A chemical reaction happens when the molecules of one substance break apart and then combine together with other substance’s molecules so that a different compound can be created. Most of the chemical reactions cause changes which are non-reversible. A few of them can be reversed. Chemical reactions or changes produce new materials.
Quick Facts: –
- Some chemical reactions produce energy while rest of them absorb energy. This energy can be in any form like heat, light etc.
- When iron reacts with oxygen in the presence of water or air, rust appears as a result.
- The mass of participants remains unaffected in a chemical reaction.
- Chemical reactions can happen in everyday’s world. Fireworks, rusting etc. are examples of chemical reactions which take place in our routine life.
- There are different types of chemical reactions like: – Synthesis reaction, Combustion, Single displacement, Decomposition, photochemical etc.
- The substance which is used to speed up the chemical reaction is called catalyst and the substance which is used to slow down the reaction is called inhibitor but both of them remain unchanged at the end of the reaction.
- When a sequence of reactions is caused by any reaction then it is called chain reaction.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for kids about chemical reactions ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 22 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/chemical-reactions-for-kids-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun facts for kids about chemical reactions. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/chemical-reactions-for-kids-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :