Germany is a country, situated in the middle part of Europe. After the 2nd world war, it was divided into two parts: – Eastern and Western Germany. It has a terrain of immense forests, mountain ranges and rivers. It is a democratic country.
“After the US, Germany is the second most popular human migrant destination”.
How many states are there in Germany?
- 16 constituent states.
Most of Germany has a mild seasonal climate dominated by sultry winds blowing from the west. The country is situated in between the Western European and the Eastern European climate, where western is oceanic and eastern in continental. There is no consistent dry season. Winters are not harsh and summers tend to be warm.
Interesting facts about Germany:
- Germany was once a group of small kingdoms, dukedoms.
- Angela Merkel is the Chancellor of Germany since 2005 (data taken July 2018).
- Over 80,000,000 live in Germany.
- Berlin is the capital of Germany.
- These nine cities have all at one time or another been capitals of the country: Aachen, Regensburg, Berlin, Nuremberg, Frankfurt-am-Main, Weimar, and Bonn and since 1990, Berlin again.
- It is the seventh largest country in Europe by land area.
- At 2,962 m Zugspitze is the highest mountain in Germany.
- Germany has over 30 volcanoes. For now they are quiet.
- Gray Wolves live here but in small numbers. They are protected under German law.
- These nine countries share their border with Germany: Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, France and the Netherlands.
- It was the first country in the world to adopt Daylight saving time.
- It is one of the largest car producers in the world.
- Germany has the largest economy in Europe.
- It is the second largest beer consumer in Europe.