The Jewish Quarter in Trebic Czech Republic
Imagine living in a city where the homes sat close together, separated only by small alleys. Now imagine that the alleys sometimes ran right through a house. Would people come through your backdoor and go out again through your front door? What if you were in the middle of eating dinner? Or taking a bath? Or doing your homework? Welcome to the Jewish Quarter in Trebic in the Czech Republic.
Fun Facts about the Jewish Quarter in Trebic for Kids
- In the city of Trebic, the Jews were not allowed to live in the Christian portion of the city. They had a Jewish quarter, although some Christians lived there too.
- The Jewish quarter was first built in the Middle Ages. The first Jewish synagogue was built in 1590.
- The area has an ancient Jewish cemetery. Here are more than 2,000 moss covered graves.
- During World War II, all the Jews were rounded up and deported. Today, there are no Jews living in the Jewish Quarter.
The Jewish Quarter in Trebic Czech Republic Vocabulary
- Alley: small road or path between houses or buildings
- Portion: part
- Synagogue: Jewish place of worship and religious study
- Cemetery: a place where people’s bodies are placed after they die
- Deport: made to leave
Jewish Quarter in Trebic Czech Republic video for kids:
This is a video presentation about the Jewish Quarter in Trebic, Czech Republic.
The Jewish Quarter in Trebic Czech Republic Q&A
Question: Do people live in Trebic now?
Answer: Many of the homes were made into condominiums with more than one dwelling in each building. People live here now.
Enjoyed the Earth Science for Kids all about the Jewish Quarter in Trebic, Czech Republic info? Take the FREE & fun Jewish Quarter in Trebic, Czech Republic quiz and download the FREE Jewish Quarter in Trebic, Czech Republic worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Jewish Quarter in Trebic Facts ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 14 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-jewish-quarter-in-trebic-czech-republic/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Jewish Quarter in Trebic Facts. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-jewish-quarter-in-trebic-czech-republic/
Sponsored Links :